Sunday, October 18, 2015

At Long Last...

Dear Readers,

Here I am again!  As promised, if a tad tardy.  I wish to most joyfully inform you of my recent good fortune: on August 22nd of this year, the patronal feast of the parish in which we were wed, I married a man I can only regard as the best in the whole world, and my name is changed to reflect this happy union - henceforth I am Caitlin LoTruglio. (Hence, also, further posts will be made under this name - but fear not!  'Tis I and no other who will continue, sporadically, to bring you wit, whimsy, and hopefully a touch or two of wisdom.)

Since its seems most appropriate given recent events, I wished to post what I regard as a pleasant if imperfect poem that I actually wrote back in 2014 - long before I was even engaged.  It contains some reflections and musings of my own on the matter of mothers, daughters, and - most of all - marriage; I hope it may prompt you also to thoughts of two-become-one.

God's blessings upon you!
Caitlin

August 22, 2015

+JMJ

Betrothed 
By Caitlin LoTruglio (née Clancy)
Copyright 2014

White silk
Smooth with lace
Fingered lovingly

Memory
In your face
Tells me how it used to be

Baby-child
At your breast
Nourished by white milk

Long ago
Baby-child
Now hers is white silk

White silk
In a trance
Holding it I abide

Wondering
If from the font
I was meant to be a bride

White silk
On baby-frame
And Communicant

One day
Solemnly
As the mourners chant

White silk
Birth to death
Purity in life

White silk
Till last breath
Clothes me as a wife




No comments:

Post a Comment