Sunday, February 23, 2014

Red Courage

There is not much to say about this post, so I will let it speak for itself.

God bless!
Caitliceach Cailín


Red Courage
By Caitlin Clancy
Copyright 2014

You barely remembered
The shrapnel
Or how the shell
Found your side

All you knew
Was the sickening stab
Of the thought
That they all had died

And that moment
When you would
Beg them
To leave you lying there

To leave you lying there

To let you go from where
The cannons
And the rifles blare
To leave you lying there

To let you go from there,
With the smoky,
Bleeding air;
To leave you lying there.

Then amid the muzzles’ flash
Bright and quick
You saw her sash
Dancing in light

You heard your child call
In a voice
So very small
‘Don’t leave me lonely here’

Don’t leave me lonely here
Don’t leave me lonely here
Was ever a cry so dear?

Pain gushing
From your side
You saw Him
Who made the world His Bride

Your own dark crimson tide
Beside that ocean
Seemed
To ebb –

I won't leave you lonely, dear,
Let me come to dry your tear,
Don’t leave me lying here –
This life also is of God.






No comments:

Post a Comment