Friday, July 4, 2014

Midsummer Musings or That Which Is To Come

Well met and good greetings to you!  I fear this is an inexcusably short offering given the now (regrettably) expansive time gap betwixt when I last posted and the present; however, I am afraid I am moving into an ever-busier stage of life, and sometimes I am inattentive to my authorial duties.  That said, I do have some longer and (perhaps) more interesting pieces in the works, several of which I hope to post within the next month or two.  In the meantime, then, I hope you will enjoy what follows -- ! 


+JMJ

Last Thoughts

By Caitlin Clancy
Copyright 2014

Worlds meeting
Death’s greeting
Time’s fleeting
Kiss farewell

Ember sky
Mountains cry
Haildrops fly
Touch the dark

Wondering
Pondering
Thundering
In a cave

Who was I?
Where will I…?
Let me die –

Here be still. *



* N.b. To nip possible confusion in the bud: it has become apparent to me that there seems to be something of a fad in the literary world of late which likes to interpret modern poems in the most depressing and morbid light possible.  Though I know you, gentle reader, are surely a cut above the average, still I feel it necessary to mention that this poem is not in any way about suicide.  End disclaimer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment