Sunday, September 30, 2012

Of Mortality and Poetry


Today I brought out a poem that I wrote earlier this year and hadn't thought about in quite a while.  I'll not give an explanation of it at present - I think it is sometimes best to encounter a piece of writing on your own first and plumb the depths of thought behind it at a later date.  Nevertheless, I hope you will read it and, perhaps, find something in it that resonates with you.    

+JMJ

Of Mortality and Poetry
By Caitlin Clancy
Copyright 2012

In silence spin we
Golden lays,
The web to hold
Our works and days; 

In senseless time,
Unspoken hour,
The fruits of minds
Burst forth and flower,

But moments pass
And then are gone –
And who are we
To linger on? 

So humble pass we,
Leaving lays,
For silent works
And golden days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment